All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.92Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionGrounded in extensive research and clinical experience, this indispensable book addresses the whats, whys, and how-tos of conducting effective marriage and relationship education. Leading authority W. Kim Halford reviews a range of contemporary models and provides an in-depth description of his own approach, Couple CARE. Session-by-session guidelines for therapists show how to help groups or individual couples-including those facing major life changes or stressors-foster closeness and communication, manage conflicts, and prevent common relationship problems. The book also explains how to use commercially available online assessment tools to help each couple develop their own relationship goals. It includes 35 reproducible handouts and forms.
- Author BiographyW. Kim Halford, PhD, is Professor of Clinical Psychology at the University of Queensland in Brisbane, Australia. He was previously Professor of Clinical Psychology at Griffith University (1995-2008) and Director of Psychology at the Royal Brisbane Hospital (1991-1995). Dr. Halford has published four books and over 130 articles on couple therapy and couple relationship education. He works with couples adjusting to major life stresses and changes, including developing committed relationships, cancer diagnosis in a partner, becoming a parent, and forming a stepfamily. Dr. Halford leads the international team that developed the Couple CARE relationship education programs, is active in work with couples, and has provided training in work with couples to approximately 20,000 professionals in more than a dozen countries.
- Author(s)W. Kim Halford
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication21/12/2011
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables
- Weight444 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.