All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $40.19Trending at AU $43.08
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on the extensive and underused body of legal records on marriage that exist in Europe's ecclesiastical and secular archives, Marriage in Europe, 1400-1800 examines the institution t just as it was theorized by jurists and theologians, but as it was lived in reality. A comparative history that examines England, France, Spain, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, the Low Countries, and Sweden, this volume features the extensive and meticulous research of twelve leading international experts in the field. Their essays make use of material from thirty-one European archives, as well as a range of cans and decretals, poems, letters, vels, and treatises, to offer a history of marriage, both Catholic and Protestant. Edited by Silvana Seidel Menchi, this collection is an essential resource for those interested in the history of marriage in Christian Europe.
- Author BiographySilvana Seidel Menchi is a professor emerita in the Department of Modern and Contemporary History at the University of Pisa.
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication15/06/2015
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Note7
- Weight790 g
- Width159 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edited bySilvana Seidel Menchi
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.