All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $14.24Trending at AU $14.43
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.23Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
About this product
- DescriptionAll of these stories are true, states Gerald Durrell in the preface to this newest collection of his fiction, but he quickly amends, To be strictly accurate, some are true, some have a kernel of truth and a shell of embroidery. Ranging from the equator to the southern coast of England, Marrying off Mother and Other Stories covers a wonderfully eccentric cast of characters. Durrell returns to his Corfu childhood and reintroduces the members of the Durrell clan familiar from My Family and Other Animals. He also shares his picnic with a fragrant sow and prize truffler named Esmeralda in the Perigord; charms an aging belle in Memphis; stays with an alcoholic hangman in Paraguay; delivers a porgraphic parrot to a clergyman in London; and dines with a gambling nun in Monte Carlo. A world-famous conservationist and humorist, Gerald Durrell shares eight irresistible stories that beg to be retold over and over again. As you'll see in Marrying Off Mother and Other Stories, Durrell's wit is on-point and as said in the San Francisco Chronicle, The old Durrell charm is still there.
- Author BiographyGerald Durrell was born in India and grew up in England and on the Greek island of Corfu. A world-famous conservationist and humorist, he runs the Jersey Wildlife Preservation Trust and is also the author of more than a dozen books, including The Aye-Aye and I.
- Author(s)Gerald Durrell
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication08/07/2014
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArcade Publishing
- Weight272 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.