All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionMarvin Bell has the largest heart since Walt Whitman.-Harvard Review In a recent interview Marvin Bell said, I've been trying for thirty years to figure out how best to put the news into poems-what other people would call politics. But there are some hairy aesthetic questions connected to overtly political poems. Mars Being Red is the most political book of Bell's storied career-and one of his most beautiful. Infuriated by our country's military aggression and destructive politics, Bell asks, What shall we do, we who are at war but are asked / to pretend we are t? What Bell has done is craft a book of urgency and insight, anger and action: . . . I am, like you, a witness to the coffins that were Viet Nam and Iraq, to a political machine that came up three lemons . . . I am the big ears and the wide eyes to whom time happened. I lived in stormy weather writing songs of love because, tell me if you kw, who can help it? Marvin Bell served on the faculty at the Iowa Writers' Workshop for over thirty years. He is the first and current poet laureate of Iowa.
- Author BiographyMarvin Bell, author of fifteen volumes of poetry and prose, is a distinguished poet and influential teacher who for the past 35 years has served as a faculty member at the Iowa Writers' Workshop. In 2000, the State of Iowa named him its first Poet Laureate.
- Author(s)Marvin Bell
- PublisherCopper Canyon Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCopper Canyon Press
- Weight154 g
- Width160 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.