All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $22.94
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $36.83Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
About this product
- DescriptionMars Hill Presbyterian Church of Acworth, Georgia was founded in 1837 when a widow named Margaret Eccles, a devout Presbyterian, was concerned that the Presbyterian Church in Marietta, Georgia, located about 12 miles away, was too far to travel to in the winter. Margaret got together with some like-minded citizens in the Mars Hill Community on January 19, 1837 at the house of Thomas and Rachel McEver. They signed the covenant which created Mars Hill Presbyterian Church. Mars Hill will be celebrating its 175th birthday in 2012. This book tells the story of those 175 years. It includes 102 illustrations, with 74 of them in color.
- Author BiographyRobert C. Jones grew up in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area. In 1981, he moved to the Atlanta, Georgia area, where he received a B.S. in Computer Science at DeVry Institute of Technology. From 1984-2009, Robert worked for Hewlett-Packard as a computer consultant. He now works as an author, researcher and videographer. Robert is President of the Kennesaw Historical Society, and Director of Programs and Education for the Kennesaw Museum Foundation. He has written several books on Civil War and railroad themes, including Civil War Prison Camps: A Brief History, Famous Songs of the Civil War, Images of America: Kennesaw, Retracing the Route of Sherman's Atlanta Campaign and March to the Sea, The Battle of Griswoldville: An Infantry Battle on Sherman's March to the Sea, The Fifteen Most Critical Moments of the Civil War, The Reading Railroad: An Illustrated Timeline, The Pennsylvania Railroad: An Illustrated Timeline, The Battle of Allatoona Pass: The Forgotten Battle of Sherman's Atlanta Campaign, The Ten Best - and Worst - Generals of the Civil War, The Top 10 Innovations of the Civil War, Bleeding Kansas: The Real Start of the Civil War and The W&A, the General, and the Andrews Raid: A Brief History. Robert is an ordained elder in the Presbyterian Church. He has written and taught numerous adult Sunday School courses. He is also the author of books such as A Brief History of Protestantism in the United States, A Brief History of the Sacraments: Baptism and Communion, Heaven and Hell: In the Bible, the Apocrypha and the Dead Sea Scrolls, Meet the Apostles: Biblical and Legendary Accounts, Monks and Monasteries: A Brief History, Revelation: Background and Commentary, The 25 Most Influential Books in the Post-Apostolic Christian Church, The 25 Most Influential People in the Post-Apostolic Christian Church and The Crusades and the Inquisition: A Brief History. Robert has also written several books on ghost towns in the Southwest, including Death Valley Ghost Towns - As They Appear Today, Ghost Towns of the Mojave National Preserve and Ghost Towns of Western Nevada. In 2005, Robert co-authored a business-oriented book entitled Working Virtually: The Challenges of Virtual Teams.
- Author(s)Robert C Jones
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication18/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight163 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.