All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMarsilio Fici was one of the most influential humanist philosophers of the early Italian Renaissance. Though an ordained priest, he was also a practising astrologer and magician whose daunting life's work was to reconcile religious faith with philosophical reason which included integrating pagan magical practice with Christianity. In a lengthy introduction, editor Angela Voss puts Fici's achievement in context as a complete re-visioning of traditional astrological practice and the beginning of a humanistic and psychological approach that prefigured contemporary holistic approaches to astrology as therapy.
- Author BiographyMarsilio Ficino died in 1499 at age 66. Angela Voss teaches in the religious studies department at the University of Kent, Canterbury. She lives in England.
- Author(s)Angela Voss
- PublisherNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/11/2006
- SubjectThe Occult & Mythology
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Content Noteb&w
- Weight354 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.