All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.55
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionMartha Jefferson is the first and only biography of Thomas Jefferson's greatest love and true kindred spirit, who died an untimely death at the young age of thirty-three in 1782. Drawing on a wealth of newly probed sources-including family letters, documents, and the handwritten tes left by Jefferson's famed biographer, Dumas Malone-William G. Hyland Jr. captures the charm, sophistication, and grace, as well as a profound sense of history, of this little kwn and elusive figure who, until w, has been a mere footte to the story of America's founding. Hyland brings us a conflicted and honest Martha Jefferson, who endured the Revolution as valiantly as some men-defending her very doorstep from raiding British troops-and presided over the domestic life of the Jeffersons' little mountain, Monticello, during her husband's long absences and historic rise to power. A revealing and insightful look at an often overlooked American woman, this book provides a unique and previously unexplored understanding of America's Revolutionary Era, and the men and women upon whose bravery, talent, and resolve our nation was founded.
- Author BiographyWilliam G. Hyland Jr., a professor of law at Stetson University and practicing attorney, is the author of In Defense of Thomas Jefferson: The Sally Hemings Sex Scandal, and Long Journey with Mr. Jefferson: The Life of Dumas Malone.
- Author(s)William G. Hyland
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication26/02/2015
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight603 g
- Width163 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.