Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe artist/body builder cut out photographs of his own body, bought superb butterflies from entomologists, and made wings from the instructions for doping drugs: a playful exercise, though one that is t devoid of melancholy beneath its quirky surface. Here and there, the bodybuilder's bulky trainers seem to anchor him to the ground, hindering his flight, while metal pins fix his muscular body to the suddenly claustrophobic interior of a box. And there is more: the butterfly wings adorning his shoulders bear sinister names that are far from poetic and butterfly - like Hydergine, Dynabolon, Levothyrox, Cleregil, Kiselem, and Trophobolene. Once again reminding us that the most aggressive, harmful drugs course through the bodybuilder's veins, and that they are least likely to bestow upon him the graceful flight of even the lowliest butterfly.
- Author(s)Dominique Baque,Martial Cherrier
- Date of Publication01/07/2013
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight670 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.