All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionMartin Buber: The Life of Dialogue, the first study in any language to provide a complete overview of Buber's thought, remains the definitive guide to the full range of his work and the starting point for all modern Buber scholarship. Maurice S. Friedman reveals the implications of Buber's thought for theory of kwledge, education, philosophy, myth, history and Judaic and Christian belief. This fully revised and expanded fourth edition includes a new preface by the author, an expanded bibliography incorporating new Buber scholarship, and two new appendices in the form of essays on Buber's influence on Emmanuel Levinas and Mikhail Bakhtin.
- Author BiographyMaurice S. Friedman, a close associate of Buber and the world's foremost authority on his work, has written three critical studies of Buber's thought and introduced and translated many more of his works. He is Professor Emeritus of Religious Studies, Philosophy and Comparative Literature at San Diego State University, and is co-director of the Institute for Dialogic Therapy. He is also author of Martin Buber's Life and Work (three volumes) and Encounter on the Narrow Ridge: A Life of Martin Buber.
- Author(s)Maurice S. Friedman
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/10/2002
- Series TitleMartin Buber
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.