All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNot even half a century ago America was segregated, when everything depended on teh color of one's skin. Access to schools, restaurants, parks, buses or even water fountains was segregated. And born into this segregated world was Martin Luther King Jr.. The son of a black preacher, King was taught from a young age that he was equal. He deserved the same rights and freedoms as anyone. He dreams of a nation where people are not judged by the color of their skin but by their character. And he believed that dream could one day become reality. Armed with one the nonviolent teachings of Ghandi and a staunch belief that all men and women were created equal, Martin Luther King Jr. stepped to the forefront of the Civil Rights Movement. Through a series of peaceful protests and amrches, King captured the attention of the world...and changed the lives of millions of Americans forever.
- Author Biography<b>Michael Teitelbaum</b> was born in Brooklyn, New York. He has worked in radio and advertising before joining the publishing industry as an editor of comic books and Children's books and magazines. Michael is the writer and project editor of <i>Breaking Barriers: In Sports, In Life</i>, for Scholastic. He has written many books based on popular characters such as Spider Man, Superman, Batman, Garfield and Kermit the Frog. His latest fiction includes T<i>he Scary States of America, </i> published by Delacorte, and <i>Backyard Sports</i>, by Grosset & Dunlap. His latest non-fiction book is <i>Jackie Robinson: Champion for Equality</i> (Sterling), a biography of the great baseball player and civil rights icon. <b>Lewis Helfand</b> was born in Philadelphia. With a political science degree and a passion for comic books, Lewis is the author of several titles from Campfire, and he continues to work as a freelance writer and reporter for a number of national print and online publications.
- Author(s)Michael Teitelbaum
- Date of Publication15/01/2013
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- Content Note1
- Weight241 g
- Width165 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine4 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.71
- AU $20.42Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $23.42Trending at AU $26.67
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.10
- AU $56.62Trending at AU $60.72
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.