All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMartin Sheen, best kwn for his role as a Catholic president in the prestigious television series The West Wing, returned to the practice of his Catholic faith at the age of forty after decades away. After years of battling alcohol addiction, a near-fatal heart attack, and a nervous breakdown, the stage, film, and television actor renewed his dedication to his family and activated his faith with energy, grace, and joy. Through the sacraments, Mass, the rosary, the support of family, and numerous friends and peace and justice activists such as Daniel Berrigan, SJ, and the Catholic Worker Movement, Martin Sheen today sees himself as a man in the pew. He has been arrested more than sixty times for n-violent civil disobedience, speaking out for human rights. Sister Rose Pacatte's unique biography moves beyond tabloid news to include information and inspiring stories gleaned from interviews with Martin Sheen, his sister and brothers, as well as long-time friends. People of God is a series of inspiring biographies for the general reader. Each volume offers a compelling and honest narrative of the life of an important twentieth or twenty-first century Catholic. Some living and some w deceased, each of these women and men has kwn challenges and weaknesses familiar to most of us but responded to them in ways that call us to our own forms of heroism. Each offers a credible and concrete witness of faith, hope, and love to people of our own day.
- Author BiographySister Rose Pacatte, FSP,is a Daughter of St. Paul and the founding director of the Pauline Center for Media Studies in Los Angeles. Rose has an MA in Education in Media Studies from the University of London and is a candidate for a Doctorate in Ministry in Pastoral Communications. In addition to being a course designer and facilitator for the University of Dayton's online faith formation program, she is the film columnist for St. Anthony Messenger, and a regular contributor to the National Catholic Reporter on film and popular culture. Her previous book for the People of God series is Martin Sheen: Pilgrim on the Way published by Liturgical Press.
- Author(s)Rose Pacatte
- PublisherLiturgical Press
- Date of Publication21/01/2015
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitlePeople of God
- Place of PublicationCollegeville, MN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLiturgical Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight177 g
- Width137 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.