All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book focuses on the major applications of martingales to the geometry of Banach spaces, and a substantial discussion of harmonic analysis in Banach space valued Hardy spaces is also presented. It covers exciting links between super-reflexivity and some metric spaces related to computer science, as well as an outline of the recently developed theory of n-commutative martingales, which has natural connections with quantum physics and quantum information theory. Requiring few prerequisites and providing fully detailed proofs for the main results, this self-contained study is accessible to graduate students with a basic kwledge of real and complex analysis and functional analysis. Chapters can be read independently, with each building from the introductory tes, and the diversity of topics included also means this book can serve as the basis for a variety of graduate courses.
- Author BiographyGilles Pisier is Emeritus Professor at the University of Paris VI, where he worked from 1981 to 2010. He is also a Distinguished Professor and holder of the Owen Chair in Mathematics at Texas A&M University. His international prizes include the Salem Prize in harmonic analysis (1979), the Ostrowski Prize (1997), and the Stefan Banach Medal (2001). He is a member of the Paris Academie des Sciences, a Foreign member of the Polish and Indian Academies of Science, and a Fellow of both the IMS and the AMS. He is also the author of several books, notably The Volume of Convex Bodies and Banach Space Geometry (Cambridge, 1989) and Introduction to Operator Space Theory (Cambridge, 2003).
- Author(s)Gilles Pisier
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication06/06/2016
- Series TitleCambridge Studies in Advanced Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Number155
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note11 b/w illus.
- Weight930 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine36 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.85
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.