All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionMarxist Shakespeares uses the rich analytic resources of the Marxist tradition to look at Shakespeare's plays afresh. The book offers new insights into the historical conditions within which Shakespeare's representations of class and gender emerged, and into Shakespeare's role in the global culture industry stretching from Hollywood to the Globe Theatre. A vital resource for students of Shakespeare which includes Marx's own readings of Shakespeare, Derrida on Marx, and also Bourdieu, Bataillle, Negri and Alice Clark.
- Author BiographyJean E. Howard teaches Early Modern literature at Colombia University. Scott Cutler Shershow teaches English literature and literary theory at Miami University.
- Author(s)Jean E. Howard,Scott Cutler Shershaw
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/10/2000
- SubjectLiterary Theory
- Series TitleAccents on Shakespeare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight453 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byJean E. Howard,Scott Cutler Shershaw
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.