Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionMalleville and her cousin Phonny generally played together at Franconia a great part of the day, and at night they slept in two separate recesses which opened out of the same room. These recesses were deep and large, and they were divided from the room by curtains, so that they formed as it were separate chambers: and yet the children could speak to each other from them in the morning before they got up, since the curtains did t intercept the sound of their voices. They might have talked in the same manner at night, after they had gone to bed, but this was against Mrs. Henry's rules. One morning Malleville, after lying awake a few minutes, listening to the birds that were singing in the yard, and wish-ing that the window was open so that she could hear them more distinctly, heard Phonny's voice calling to her. Malleville, said he, are you awake? Yes, said Malleville, are you? Yes, said Phonny, I'm awake-but what a cold morning it is!
- Author(s)Jacob Abbott
- Publisher1st World Publishing
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Imprint1st World Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight331 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards,Sewn,Sewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.