All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
About this product
- DescriptionMary Mcintosh revisits her diary for the years 1935 - 1939. This is Volume Two which covers 1936. Volume One is already available. Volumes, three, four, and five will be available soon as separate books. In Volume Two Mary recalls the shock of the kidnapping of the Lindbergh baby, the capture of the kidnapper, Bru Hauptmann, and his final execution after long and frustrating delays. She heard with sorrow of the death of King George V of England, her native land in January. But in June she and her family were visiting in England in time to see the royal procession for King Edward VIII on his 42nd birthday. After the long trip home via ocean liner she ofter enjoyed radio programs such as her favorite, George Burns and Gracie Allen. And finally, on December 10th, she heard King Edward's famous farewell speech as he gave up the crown to marry the woman he loved. She still faces worrying sexual episodes with her father, but she also begins to find boyfriends who take her mind off her troubles and her lessons. If you enjoyed Volume One you are sure to find Volume Two equally satisfying.
- Author BiographyI recently celebrated my 90th birthday with a blow-out bash for all my friends and neighbors. I had just finally completed my memoir based on a five-year diary I kept as a teenager, from 1935-1939, and which I still have. It was hard work, for even though all the events are listed in the diary, it was difficult remembering so long ago how I felt and what my true reactions were to certain events. Yes, it was hard work, but I'm fully convinced that all this writing is helping keep me mentally alert and active. Mary McIntosh is now 93 years old, yet she writes with all the animation and verve of a twenty year old. Sample any one volume of her schoolgirl diary from the 1930s and you'll be hooked - you'll have to read all five!
- Author(s)Mary McIntosh
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication20/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.