All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLast season, Seagull Books published the first three volumes in a new series collecting essays and interviews by the late French thinker Roland Barthes. This season they'll bring the five-volume set to completion with the publication of <i> Masculine, Feminine, Neuter </i>and<i> Signs and Images</i>. <i> Masculine, Feminine, Neuter, </i> consists of Barthes's writing on literature, covering his peers and influences, writers in French and other languages, contemporary and historical writers, and world literature. This volume comprises Barthes critical articles and interviews previously unavailable in English. Taken together, the five volumes in this series are a gift to Barthes' many fans, helping to round out our understanding of this restless, protean thinker and his legacy.
- Author Biography<b>Roland Barthes</b> (1915--80) was one of the leading French writers, philosophers, and critics of the twentieth century. <b>Chris Turner</b> is a writer and translator who lives in Birmingham, England.
- Author(s)Roland Barthes
- PublisherSeagull Books London Ltd
- Date of Publication12/07/2016
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleSB-The French List
- Place of PublicationGreenford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSeagull Books London Ltd
- Weight272 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Translated byChris Turner
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.