All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.98
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume addresses the growing obsolescence of traditional constructions of masculine identity in popular romantic comedies by proposing an approach that combines gender and genre theory to examine the ongoing radical reconstruction of gender roles in these films. Alberti creates a unified theory of gender role change in the movies that combines the insights of both poststructuralist gender and narrative genre theory, avoiding binary approaches to the study of gender representation. He establishes the current crises in both gender representation and genre development within romantic comedies as examples of experimentation and change towards narratives that feature more egalitarian and less essentialist constructions of gender.
- Author BiographyJohn Alberti is Professor of English and Director of Cinema Studies at Northern Kentucky University, USA.
- Author(s)John Alberti
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/06/2013
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in Film Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number24
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white halftones
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.