Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionContrary to what people think about Masonic secrecy, over the centuries a number of books have revealed much about what goes on in lodges. Certainly Jeremy Cross was relied on as a crib for nervous officers when they put on degrees, and his readers were t just the curious, but the Freemasons themselves who wanted to improve their ritual work. Important as a source for Masonic activity in the mid nineteenth century, this volume makes a scarce title available to scholars.
- Author BiographyDespite very little education, Jeremy L. Cross rose to preeminence in Freemasonry in the early 1800s. He wrote this particular book in 1819 after witnessing improper classification of Masonic symbols at degree lectures. The book became a best seller and Cross became one of America's leading Masonic lecturers. Guillermo De Los Reyes is associate professor at the University of Houston and widely published on the influence of secret societies. Professor De Los Reyes is the author of Herencias Secretas, a history of Freemasonry in Mexico that will be forthcoming in an English edition. He is world president of Phi Beta Delta, the honor society for international scholarship.
- Author(s)Jeremy L Cross
- PublisherWestphalia Press
- Date of Publication05/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestphalia Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight422 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byGuillermo de Los Reyes
- Introduction byGuillermo de Los Reyes
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.