All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe massacre of Aboriginal people at Myall Creek marked a critical point in the struggle over land and power between the indigeus peoples of Australia and the European invaders. It resulted in seven white men being hanged for their crimes - the last ever to hang for the murder of Aboriginal people. Massacre at Myall Creek, by playwright John Summons, helps students to explore the social and political climate surrounding the massacre. As well as the play, the book contains comprehensive study units, making it an excellent resource for students of Drama, English, History and Social Studies. Among other issues, it deals with displacement, racism, authority, justice, capital punishment and personal responsibility.
- Author(s)John Summons
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication28/01/1994
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note4 b/w illus.
- Weight110 g
- Width135 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 11
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $50.21Trending at AU $51.48
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $18.96
- AU $24.53Trending at AU $25.91
- AU $30.71Trending at AU $33.58
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.39
- AU $28.23Trending at AU $28.76
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $34.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.