All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of papers from the Space Telescope Science Institute Symposium on massive stars addresses the many aspects of astrophysics in which these stars play an important role. Review papers are presented from both observational and theoretical work by world experts in the study of these rare stars. Topics discussed include star formation in the local and distant universe, the feedback effects of the massive stars, mass loss from massive stars, and explosions of massive stars. The combination of papers produces a comprehensive overview of up-to-date research in the field, making this book an invaluable resource for professional researchers and for students of astrophysics.
- Author BiographyMario Livio is a Senior Astrophysicist and Head of the Office of Public Outreach at the Space Telescope Science Institute, Baltimore, USA. Eva Villaver is an ESA Scientist at the Space Telescope Science Institute, Baltimore, USA.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication12/11/2009
- SubjectAstronomy, Space & Time
- Series TitleSpace Telescope Science Institute Symposium Series
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 20
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note60 b/w illus.
- Weight660 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byEva Villaver,Mario Livio
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.