Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionThe No Child Left Behind legislation, by legitimizing a stark, one-size-fits-all, industrial model of education, has denied the inherent complexity and richness of what teachers do. Discussing teaching in terms of Chaos Theory, Chapin explains that while excellent teaching may occur at the edge of chaos, it is t chaotic. There are patterns common to master teachers that connect the components of effective teaching to give meaning and stability to the classroom, allowing master teachers to get up morning after morning, and make a genuine, positive difference in students' lives. Master Teachers presents teaching as a complex, adaptive exercise undertaken at the edge of chaos where creativity and invention are maximized.
- Author BiographyDexter Chapin has been teaching Biology and Anthropology for 35 years. He has been a student-teacher and superintendent Along the way, he has had extraordinary teachers, each of whom changed his life. However, his greatest debt is to his fellow teachers, and his students, each of whom opened a door to a new world; a world often beautiful, and always complex, uncertain, and on the edge of chaos. How to create a classroom that serves those worlds is the challenge at the core of the teaching profession, and the question to which Chapin has dedicated his career.
- Author(s)Dexter Chapin
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication29/09/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight326 g
- Width148 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.