All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book outlines a powerful process for designing and creating beautiful work that is practical to make and sell. Perspectives from 22 master artisans fuse with industrial product design techniques and the authors own craftwork experience, focusing sharp insight on the process of creating original work. To use this book, begin with its suggestions for gathering ideas, brainstorming designs, and committing to an ambitious new project. Next, follow the supplied framework for evaluating, changing, and critiquing your work. Apply the books design guidelines to make your work more visually powerful, useful, and simple to create. Finally, use this guides advice to grow as an artisan: Find your voice, develop your skills, sell your work, and (if you want) make craftwork a career. Packed with insights from glassworkers, ceramicists, woodworkers, fiber artists, metalworkers, and more, it provides a solid framework to build on for craftspeople who want to produce spectacular work.
- Author BiographyTien Chiu is an award-winning fiber artist and a professional project manager specializing in new product development. She uses both artisanal and industrial methods for creating original work. Christopher H. Amundsen is the Executive Director of the American Craft Council.
- Author(s)Tien Chiu
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/09/2016
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note141 colour photos
- Weight876 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Foreword byChristopher H. Amundsen
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.59
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.