All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a major new exploration of traditional British craftsmanship, accompanying the major prime time BBC2 6-part television series presented by Monty Don. It celebrates all aspects of rural crafts including woodcraft, thatching, weaving, stone masonry, metalwork and glass making. It showcases some of Britain's leading master craftsmen and explains the techniques at the heart of their trades. It reveals the fascinating history of British craftsmanship, inspiring interest and involvement in these valuable and rewarding crafts. Mastercrafts represents a major shift in attitudes towards appreciating handmade, sustainable crafted products rather than the cheap mass-produced items with which people have become increasingly disillusioned.
- Author BiographyTom Quinn is a writer, editor and a social historian. He is the author of the bestselling Tales of the Old Railwaymen, as well as books on countryside history, antique collecting, fishing and walking. He is currently the editor of Country Landowner magazine and former editor of The Countryman.
- Author(s)Tom Quinn
- PublisherDavid & Charles
- Date of Publication26/11/2010
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationNewton Abbot
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDavid & Charles
- Content Note500 colour photographs, 20 colour illustrations
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.