Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionMove beyond basic games and explore the limits of AndEngine About This Book * Extend the basic AndEngine features without modifying any of AndEngine's code * Understand advanced techlogies and gain the skills to create the ultimate games in AndEngine * Theory supported with practical examples to stimulate your imagination and creativity Who This Book Is For This book is aimed at developers who have gone through all the basic AndEngine tutorials and books, and are looking for something more. It's also very suitable for developers with kwledge of other game engines who are looking to develop with AndEngine. Kwledge of Java, C++ and Android development are a prerequisite for getting the most out of this book. What You Will Learn * Extend AndEngine to use and render 3D models * Integrate and use various physics engines with AndEngine * Advanced animations and their implementation in AndEngine * Lighting theory and its application for both 2D and 3D objects * Using skeletal animation with AndEngine * Use GLSL shaders with AndEngine for effects and anti-aliasing * Add sounds and effects to AndEngine using both basic and 3D audio libraries * Efficient network implementations with AndEngine for multi-players In Detail AndEngine is a popular and easy-to-use game framework, best suited for Android game development. After learning the basics of creating an Android game using AndEngine it's time you move beyond the basics to explore further. For this you need to understand the theory behind many of the techlogies AndEngine uses. This book aims to provide all the skills and tools you need to learn more about Android game development using AndEngine. With this book you will get a quick overview of the basics of AndEngine and Android application development. From there, you will learn how to use 3D models in a 2D scene, render a visual representation of a scene's objects, and create interaction between these objects. You will explore frame-based animations and learn to use skeletal animations. As the book progresses, you will be guided through exploring all the relevant aspects of rendering graphics with OpenGL ES, generating audio using OpenSL ES and OpenAL, making the best use of Android's network API, implementing anti-aliasing algorithms, shaders, dynamic lighting and much more. With all this, you will be ready to enhance the look and feel of your game with its user interface, sound effects and background music. After an in-depth study of 2D and 3D worlds and multi-player implementations, you will be a master in AndEngine and Android game development. Style and approach This book takes an in-depth tour of the many aspects of Android game development with the use of AndEngine. Each topic is covered extensively to act both as a practical guide as well as a reference.
- Author BiographyMaya Posch is a largely self-taught developer with a profound interest in anything related to technology and science. Having discovered programming at a young age, she proceeded to learn a variety of languages, including C++, PHP, Java, Ada, and VHDL. She has worked on mobile, desktop, and embedded applications and games. Together with a good friend, she started a software and game development company called Nyanko (http://www.nyanko.ws/) in 2006. Maya currently lives in Germany, where she works on games and other projects, and maintains a number of technology- and science-related blogs.
- Author(s)Maya Posch
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication28/09/2015
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight481 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.