All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn an easy-to-grasp, holistic manner Mastering Audio: The Art and the Science, Third Edition unravels the technical mysteries that regularly challenge audio engineers. Including practical tips and real world experiences, Bob Katz explains the technical detail of the subject in his informative and humorous style. Completely reorganized to focus on workflow, this third edition details mastering by providing a step-by-step approach to the process. First covering practical techniques and basic theory, this industry classic also addresses advanced theory and practice. The book's new approach is especially suitable to accompany a one- or two-term course in audio and mastering. Completely rewritten and organized to address changes that will continue to influence the audio world, this third edition includes several new chapters addressing the influence of loudness measurement and assessment and provides explanation of how mastering engineers must integrate loudness measurement and PLR assessment in their mastering techniques. Mastering Audio: The Art and the Science, Third Edition also includes the newest approaches to equalization, monitor response measurement and correction, the psychoacoustics of clipping, an extended discussion of restoration and ise reduction techniques, an extended set of listening examples, and an updated chapter on surround mastering including coverage of Pure Audio BluRay.
- Author BiographyBob Katz played the B flat clarinet from the age of 10, and his lifelong love of sound and music led him to become a professional recording, mixing and mastering engineer, beginning in 1971. Receiving many nominations, three of Bob's recordings have garnered the prestigious Grammy(TM) award, and his work has been praised in publications such as Stereo Review, Audio, and Stereophile. Bob has written numerous articles and reviews for audio and computer publications as well as the digido.com website. Katz's processors and support gear, including patented inventions K-Stereo and K-Surround, are in use at mastering studios worldwide and fill a missing link in mastering and post-production. Bob's entertaining seminars and workshops around the world grew from his unique ability to simplify complex topics. He runs Digital Domain Studios north of Orlando, Florida, mastering all styles of music for major and independent labels.
- Author(s)Bob Katz
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/10/2014
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFocal Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight975 g
- Width216 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.