All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe craft of home cheesemaking is exploding in popularity. However, most beginner books are essentially loosely organized collections of recipes which lack a progressive approach to teaching the fundamentals of this exciting and satisfying traditional skill. Mastering Basic Cheesemaking provides a complete hands-on guide to making cheese and other fermented dairy products from scratch, geared toward helping the vice cheesemaker to develop the intuition and abilities to position them for success, especially in the real world of the home kitchen. This well-illustrated and clearly written practical guide assumes prior experience on the part of the aspiring cheesemaker. Topics include: * Tips and secrets for essentials such as choosing milk and the differences between goat, cow, and sheep milk * Bonus recipes for exciting cheeses such as burrata, quick cheddar curds, and ghee * Options for choosing cultures, ingredients, and equipment to make home cheesemaking more affordable * How to age cheeses simply in any home refrigerator * Step-by-step encouragement and insight from a professional, artisan cheesemaker Whether you are a budding cheesemaker, avid do-it-yourselfer, foodie, homesteader, or cheese professional, this complete course in beginning cheesemaking from one of North America's foremost instructors is packed with everything you need to create delicious, urishing, and beautiful classic cheeses and other dairy delights. Gianaclis Caldwell is the head cheesemaker and co-owner of Pholia Farm, well-kwn for its artisan, aged raw-milk cheeses, and for its educational offerings. She is the author of Mastering Artisan Cheesemaking, The Small-Scale Cheese Business, and The Small-Scale Dairy.
- Author BiographyGianaclis Caldwell is the head cheesemaker and owner of Pholia Farm, a licensed dairy well-known for its artisan, aged raw milk cheeses, and for its educational offerings including beginner to advanced cheesemaking courses. She also serves on the American Cheese Society regulatory and academic committee. Gianaclis is the author of several books including Mastering Artisan Cheesemaking, The Small-Scale Cheese Business, and The Small-Scale Dairy. She often writes and photographs for in culture: the word on cheese and other publications, and she blogs at gianacliscaldwell.wordpress.com.
- Author(s)Gianaclis Caldwell
- PublisherNew Society Publishers
- Date of Publication26/05/2016
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationGabriola Island
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Society Publishers
- Content NoteColor photos throughout
- Weight442 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $41.79Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.42Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $17.82Trending at AU $26.00
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.