All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
About this product
- DescriptionEvery photographer using a digital SLR camera needs to master exposure in order to achieve the highest quality results in their photographs. Mastering Exposure and the Zone System for Digital Photographers is a complete guide to both the technical and creative aspects of exposure in digital photography. This guide uses a combination of discussion, examples, and hands-on exercises that lead the reader through a progression of skills development covering the full range of photographic lighting situations. Topics covered include basic metering, outdoor and indoor available light photography, fill flash, night, and low-light conditions, as well as advanced topics like action and sports, close-up, high-key and low-key lighting, multiple light sources. In conclusion, the author shows how to use the Zone System, developed by Ansel Adams for film, with today's digital cameras to achieve stunning results with exceptional tonal range and clarity.
- Author BiographyLee Varis has been involved in commercial photography for the past 35 years as a photo-illustrator working in Hollywood. He began working with computer imaging two decades ago, after one of his clients took him to see what he was doing to his photography on the Quantel Paintbox. He currently works with digital as well as conventional photography in conjunction with computer graphics to create images for print advertising. Lee's work has been featured on movie posters, video box covers, CD covers, and numerous brochures and catalogs. His creative imaging has been featured in National Geographic, Newsweek, and Fortune magazines as well as trade journals such as PDN, New Media, Micro Publishing News, Rangefinder, Design Graphics, Photo Electronic Imaging, and PC Photo. He is currently active in seminar programs with APA, ASMP, PPA, Santa Fe Photographic Workshops, Maine Media Workshops, and Julia Dean Photographic Workshops, as well as ongoing Photoshop for Digital Photographers workshops in Los Angeles. He is one of the founding fathers and current president of the Los Angeles Digital Imaging Group and serves on the board of the Digital Image Marketing Association, a division of the Photo Marketing Association.
- Author(s)James Karney,Lee Varis
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication17/06/2010
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight738 g
- Width233 mm
- Height187 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.