All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionDiscover the power of Drools 6 and Business Rules for developing complex scenarios in your applications About This Book * Implement and model different rules using the DRL full syntax * Model complex business decisions and domain models in order to automate and improve your operational decisions with the Drools framework * A practical, fast-paced, hands-on guide to help you use the different components provided by the Drools Rule Engine Who This Book Is For This book is for Java developers and architects who need to have a deep understanding of how to create or integrate your applications with the Drools Rules Framework. The book assumes that you kw the Java language well and also have experience with some widely used frameworks, such as Spring. You should also kw the basics of Maven-based applications. What You Will Learn * Automate your application's decisions, such as promotion applying, discount policies, fraud detection, and more. * Quickly get started with writing your first rules using the DRL full syntax. * Discover the power of the new syntax components of the rule language. * Define inferences in your business rules to simplify complex decisions. * Write decision tables, templates,domain-specific languages, and scorecards, and learn how to map them to the Drools framework. * Harness the full operational power of Drools through all of its configuration points. * Use Drools configurations and architectures for different environments and scenarios. In Detail Mastering JBoss Drools 6 will provide you with the kwledge to develop applications involving complex scenarios. You will learn how to use KIE modules to create and execute Business Rules, and how the PHREAK algorithm internally works to drive the Rule Engine decisions. This book will also cover the relationship between Drools and jBPM, which allows you to enrich your applications by using Business Processes. You will be briefly introduced to the concept of complex event processing (Drools CEP) where you will learn how to aggregate and correlate your data based on temporal conditions. You will also learn how to define rules using domain-specific languages, such as spreadsheets, database entries, PMML, and more. Towards the end, this book will take you through the integration of Drools with the Spring and Camel frameworks for more complex applications. Style and approach Approached from a developer's perspective, the book teaches you all the advanced concepts of Business Rules applicable examples with helpful screenshots, diagrams, tutorials, and examples.
- Author BiographyMauricio Salatino is a Senior software engineer at JBoss/RedHat. Mauricio works full time as a Drools and jBPM Core Developer and is in charge of developing the new generation Business Process Management Suite, along with contributing to the evolution of Drools and jBPM. Mauricio is the author of three Packt Publishing books about jBPM: jBPM6 Developer Guide, jBPM5 Developer Guide, and jBPM Developer Guide. Mauricio is based in London, UK, and in his spare time he likes to meet community members of different open source projects to build interesting projects. Mariano De Maio is an IT consultant and software developer with over eleven years of experience in Java and open source frameworks. He has been working with Drools and jBPM for the last six years and has collaborated with the Drools and jBPM projects several items, including Infinispan's persistence modules, extensions to the jBPM APIs, and different add-ons to the tooling functionality. In 2013, he wrote jBPM6 Developer Guide for Packt Publishing, along with Mauricio Salatino and Esteban Aliverti. In 2015, he co-founded jWoop, http://www.jwoop.com, which is a company that provides consultancy and training around the world. He has participated in international conferences, such as Decision Camp and other Decision Management webinars. Mariano is based in Buenos Aires, where he is happily married to his wife, Tamara, and takes care of his beautiful daughter, Sofia. In his free time, he likes to work on contributions to the open source projects he is using. He also runs his personal blog, http://marianbuenosayres.wordpress.com, about jBPM, Drools, and Decision Management. You can find him through the official Drools IRC channel #drools at irc.freenode.net, under the nickname mariano or mariano84. Esteban Aliverti is a software engineer and a former Drools/JBPM consultant. He is also a fervent open source promoter and developer with meaningful contributions to the JBoss Drools and JBPM frameworks for the past six years. He is the coauthor of jBPM5 Developer Guide and jBPM6 Developer Guide by Packt Publishing and was awarded the JBoss' Community Recognition Award in 2012 and 2013.
- Author(s)Esteban Aliverti,Mauricio Salatino
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication31/03/2016
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.