Mastering Unreal Technology: Introduction to Level Design with Unreal Engine 3: v. 1 by Jeff Wilson, Zak Parrish, Jason Busby (Mixed media product, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $115.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $39.00Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by gamercite
- Est. delivery by 26 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMastering Unreal Techlogy, Volume I: Introduction to Level Design with Unreal Engine 3 is your start-to-finish guide to modding and level design with the world's hottest new gaming engine: Unreal Engine 3. Here's everything you need to kw to jumpstart your skills and create stunning new content and games for consoles and PCs alike! Your authors aren't just the world's #1 Unreal game development trainers: They've even built the training modules that shipped with Unreal Tournament 3: Limited Collector's Edition. Now, working with the full cooperation of Unreal Engine 3's creators, Epic Games, they introduce every facet of game development-from simple level creation to materials, lighting, and terrain...even advanced level optimization and streaming! Packed with tips, hands-on tutorials, and expert techniques, Mastering Unreal Techlogy, Volume I is all you need to create levels that look spectacular and work brilliantly...levels that gamers just can't stop playing! You'll find expert tips on * Understanding the game development process from start to finish * Planning projects for greater efficiency, faster delivery, and better quality * Crafting worlds with stunning beauty and clarity * Bringing amazing realism to characters, objects, and props * Making the most of Unreal Engine 3's massively upgraded lighting system * Scripting complex gameplay quickly and easily with Unreal Kismet * Building animated game assets with Unreal Matinee * Testing game performance during live gameplay * Optimizing levels by improving the interaction between lights and surfaces * Using advanced level streaming to create vast, rich, highly playable levelsWinner of the Front Line Award for best game development book of 2009!
- Author BiographyJason Buzz Busby is president and chief executive officer of 3D Buzz, Inc. For more than five years, he has taught 3D animation, programming, and game design through his website 3dbuzz.com, which has over 275,000 members. He coauthored Mastering Unreal: The Art of Level Design and Mastering the Art of Production with 3ds Max 4 and has created and overseen the production of more than 1,000 hours of video training. Zak Parrish, chief of operations at 3D Buzz, Inc., has developed hundreds of video tutorials over 3D animation and game design. He helped produce training videos that shipped with Unreal Tournament 2004: Special Edition as well as those that shipped with Unreal Tournament 3: Limited Collector's Edition. Zak also coauthored Mastering Unreal. Jeff Wilson, 3D Buzz's technical consultant for the Unreal Engine, helps develop the company's Unreal Technology training videos. He has been studying the Unreal Engine for five years while creating modifications for Unreal Tournament 2003 and 2004. Wilson moderates the 3D Buzz forums.
- Author(s)Jason Busby,Jeff Wilson,Zak Parrish
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication21/07/2009
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectComputer Games: Programming
- Place of PublicationIndianapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSams Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1532 g
- Width187 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine47 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and DVD-ROM
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.