All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionMastering the Nikon D3000 by Darrell Young is a comprehensive guide for owners of this newest, budget-friendly generation of Nikon digital single-lens reflex (DSLR) cameras. The small, easy-to-carry D3000 is powerful in its ability to offer guided automatic camera operation with full manual capabilities when desired. Readers will be able to develop as photographers with the D3000 - progressing from camera controlled automatic operation to user-managed manual control. However, this level of functionality requires some camera complexity. Darrell cuts through the camera 's complexity with full explanations of every button, dial, switch, and menu on the camera with a friendly and advisory tone, like an old friend stopping by to discuss a favorite topic of mutual interest. He goes beyond just describing how the camera works by providing personal recommendations on how and when to use each function. Darrell understands that many owners of the D3000 may be just entering into the world of DSLR cameras and he takes time to guide them through some of the basics of photography. He covers how shutter speed and aperture works, depth-of-field, lens focal lengths, white balance, autofocus, image exposure, and the all-important digital histogram. Mastering the D3000 is the most recent volume in Rocky Nook's highly successful Nikonians Press series of books.
- Author BiographyDarrell Young (DigitalDarrell) is an information technology engineer by trade and has been an avid photographer for over 35 years. He has a rather large family, with his wife and five children, so he has a constantly interesting flow of photographic opportunities. In fact, his entire family uses Nikon cameras to pursue what has become a cohesive family hobby. Darrell delights in using Nikon's newest digital cameras but if pressed, he will admit to being a closet film user too. Living next to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park has given him a real concern for, and interest in, nature photography. Darrell loves to write, as you can see in the Resources area of the Nikonians.org community. He joined the community in the year 2000, and his literary contributions led to his invitation to become a Founding Member of the Nikonians Writers Guild.
- Author(s)Darrell Young
- PublisherRocky Nook
- Date of Publication14/05/2010
- Place of PublicationSanta Barbara
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRocky Nook
- Content Notecolour illustrations, figures
- Weight732 g
- Width161 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.