Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a representative selection of humorous and satirical Urdu poetry, drawn from the works of seventeen major poets, including the classics like Mohammed Rafi Sauda and Akbar Allahabadi, besides the famous practitioners of this art in the 20th century. The poems are chosen on the basis of their artistic and thematic quality. These are then translated, verse by verse, into English, and transliterated in the Roman script for the benefit of the n-Urdu-kwing reader. This is probably the first book of its kind in Urdu-English translated literature.
- Author BiographyK C Kanda holds a doctorate in English and a first-class Masters degree in Urdu literature.K C Kanda is a recipient of the Delhi Urdu Academy Award for excellence in translation and the author of 12 previous volumes of translated Urdu poetry, including Masterpieces of Humorous Urdu Poetry and Masterpieces of Modern Urdu Poetry.
- Author(s)K. C. Kanda
- PublisherSterling Publishers Pvt.Ltd
- Date of Publication02/07/2001
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSterling Publishers Pvt.Ltd
- Weight405 g
- Width215 mm
- Height140 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.