Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionA fantastic collection of portraits of the most famous masters of the catwalk, in a fascinating journey among the mythical figures of haute couture and pret-a-porter, from their origins to the present day: from the timeless class of Coco Chanel to the aristocratic but invative spirit of Elsa Schiaparelli, who is credited with the invention of the fashion show as we kw it today, up to the glamour of Tom Ford and the visionary and alternative creativity of Alexander McQueen. The book reviews all the major designers of the last century and this one that has just begun. The illuminating contributions of an expert in the field, with pictures, accounts and entertaining anecdotes that go behind the scenes of some of the most famous catwalks, magically recall the lives, personalities and immortal creations of the bestkwn names from the world of fashion, characters who through their inspiration, imagination, energy and innate sense of elegance have left an indelible mark, bringing to life an inimitable style. Retracing their experiences in words and images, the evolution of fashion is sketched out and the way in which its representation was changed through the introduction of the fashion show is illustrated: that is, the presentation of the new collection in an atmosphere rendered evocative by the use of music or art. This is the climax of a long and laborious process, a whole season of creativity. It truly is the catwalk, in front of the gaze of the audience, which is entrusted with the task of interpreting the intentions of the designer, as it reveals, as if by magic, the genius of these icons of elegance and the almost alchemic miracle of the creation in all its splendor.
- Author BiographyMaria Luisa Tagariello earned a degree in Foreign Languages and Literature at the University of Bologna, then became a fashion journalist and copywriter. She was editor of bmm (bmmmagazine.blogspot.com), an independent art, fashion, and design periodical, and collaborated with style.it, a Conde Nast Italia online magazine. The author of books on shopping in the main fashion capitals, Ms. Tagariello wrote a guidebook of London for the Clup series published by De Agostini. She now divides her time between fashion (especially shoes) as a blogger and as editor of an online luxury boutique.
- Author(s)Maria Luisa Tagariello
- PublisherWhite Star
- Date of Publication09/10/2014
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationVercelli
- Country of PublicationItaly
- ImprintWhite Star
- Out-of-print date01/07/2016
- Content Note180 colour photographs
- Weight1891 g
- Width255 mm
- Height295 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.