All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.18
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $117.44
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $106.89
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $86.21
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the untold story of the heroic efforts of the men of the 4th United States Cavalry as they sabered their way through the Western Theater of the Civil War and into the heart of the Confederacy. From the earliest battles in Missouri at Dug Springs and Wilson's Creek, to Fort Donelson and Shiloh, Tennessee, and on to the great Battle of Chickamauga Creek, Georgia, where they delayed the advance of the Confederate Army for ten hours at Reed's Bridge, the regiment t only fought on Southern soil, but faced the best cavalry leaders the Confederacy had to offer, including Nathan Bedford Forrest. From the siege of Atlanta and Kilpatrick's Raid around the city, to the final great cavalry charge at Selma, Alabama, the 4th United States earned a reputation second to ne as they became the Masters of the Field.
- Author BiographyUpon discharge from the United States Navy in 1970, John L. Herberich obtained a BA and MA in history. After retiring from a career in real estate, he served as president of the South Bay Civil War Round Table in San Jose, California.
- Author(s)John L. Herberich
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/08/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note13 b/w photos & maps
- Weight1120 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.