All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionEuromech 357 took place in the nice authentic monastery 'Rolduc' in Kerkrade, Holland. The objective was to bring together researchers to present their latest advancements in the relatively new domain of Material properties identification by Mixed Numerical Experimental Methods (MMM). MMM are a modem and increasingly powerful way to determine the values of unkwn parameters in a numerical model by observations made on real physical test structures. Starting from the measurement of output values (like displacements, stresses, velocities, vibrations, .. ) of the real physical test structure, MMM try to update parameters in the numerical model in such a way that the computed observations match the experimental observations. It was shown clearly at the colloquium that the combined use of numerical analysing tools and sophisticated measurement techniques has created an extra degree of freedom for the design of experiments and has led to new approaches for material characterisation. The colloquium was attended by 39 participants coming from 12 different European countries. We had 23 oral presentations on the different topics of the above mentioned sessions. Each presentation was followed by an intensive discussion. Du~ to the informal atmosphere and the limited number of participants, the discussions were very lively and fruitful. The opportunity to continue to discuss common problems after dinner in a reserved place was also offered to the Euromech participants. This opportunity and the fact that the monastery was isolated (body could escape!) created an excellent platform for discussions and personal contacts.
- Date of Publication20/09/2011
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight414 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byCees W.J. Oomens,Hugo Sol
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1997
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.