All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionMaterial Identities examines the way that individuals use material objects as tools for projecting aspects of their identities. * Considers the way identity is fashioned, launched, used, and admired in the material world. * Contributors intervene from the disciplines of art history, anthropology, design and material culture. * Considers contrasting media - painting, print, sculpture, dress, coinage, architecture, furniture, luxury items, and interior design. * Explores the complexity of identity through the intersection tions of gender, ethnicity, age, sexuality, and class. * Reaffirms the central role of public identities and their impact on social life.
- Author BiographyJoanna Sofaer is a Senior Lecturer in Archaeology at the University of Southampton. She is the author of The Body as Material Culture: A Theoretical Osteoarchaeology (2006), editor of Children and Material Culture (2000) and co-editor, with Dana Arnold, of Biographies and Space (2007).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication22/12/2006
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleNew Interventions in Art History
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note15 illustrations
- Weight274 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byJoanna Sofaer
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.