All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe measurement of the significance and 'impact' of research is absolutely paramount in today's academic world - as evidenced by the recent introductions of research assessment exercises in the UK, Australia, Hong Kong and New Zealand. Material Inventions: Applying Creative Arts Research offers new and original ways of conceptualizing impact and invation in creative arts research. This important book demonstrates how artistic research is capable of solving real-life problems and presenting transforming accounts of the world. What are the inventions and invations of artistic research? What are the interdisciplinary applications of practice-led research methodologies and outcomes? In what ways can the methods and outcomes of artistic research benefit the broader community and creative and other industries? How can the impact of creative practice as research be demonstrated and more clearly articulated? By articulating the inventions, invations, application and broader uptake of artistic research in and beyond the field of art, expert contributors advance the claim that artistic research constitutes a new paradigm or 'successor science' that impacts on interdisciplinary research and in diverse community and industry settings. In often surprising and unpredictable ways, the inventions and invations of artistic researchers are being taken up beyond the creative arts in areas such as fire fighting, computer interfacing and design, public relations, medical science, caring for the aged, local history making, museology, biofeedback techlogies and a range of therapeutic settings. This is a timely follow-up to Practice as Research: Approaches to Creative Arts Enquiry and will be indispensible to researchers, institutions and research assessment bodies.
- Author BiographyEstelle Barrett recently retired from the School of Communication and Creative Arts at Deakin University, Melbourne, where she was Associate Professor and Deputy Head of School. In 2013, she was appointed to the position of Adjunct Research Professor at Charles Sturt University, New South Wales. Barbara Bolt is a practising artist and art theorist and is currently the Associate Director, Research and Research Training at the Victorian College of Arts, at the University of Melbourne. She exhibits with Catherine Asquith Gallery in Melbourne.
- Author(s)Barbara Bolt,Estelle Barrett
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication30/08/2014
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note20 black white integrated
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.64
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.