All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionThis Brief presents a new method that is based on the author and his students' shared experience in applying a structured procedure that has as its main goal the creation of a material selection technique that uses language and employs a platform that is t restricted to engineers. Based on a hybrid approach that exploits both traditional and semi-quantitative concepts, it moves forward step-by step, and uses a platform based on a Quality Function Deployment matrix framework. Candidate materials are screened out and finally assessed by two user-friendly graphic analysis tools, one based on the value curve of the product and the other on an original Bubble Maps tool. The Brief is written for all those whose aim is for a better understanding of how to integrate and speed up the entire product development process from the initial product concept and engineering design phases to design specs, manufacturability and product marketing with optimal choice of materials.
- Author BiographyFabrizio D'Errico is an Assistant Professor and Adjunct Professor of Metallurgy at the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the Politecnico di Milano, where he received his M.Sc. in Mech. Engineering. For the School of Industrial and Information Engineering at the Politecnico di Milano, he holds the post of Professor of Metallurgy for undergraduates in Mechanical Engineering and the post of Professor of Applied Metallurgy for Master of Science postgraduates in Mechanical Engineering. He is a member of The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society (TMS); since 2011 he has held the post of member of the technical committee in TMS Light Metals Division. Research themes range from advanced metal matrix composite materials, surface treatments for dynamic loaded components, advanced manufacturing processes for high-performance magnesium alloys, engineering Failure Analysis methods for product re-design and Forensic Engineering, material selection strategies for product development.
- Author(s)Fabrizio D'Errico
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication16/01/2015
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Materials
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note43 black & white illustrations, 8 colour illustrations, 26 black & white tables, biography
- Weight215 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.