All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents topics on the basics of materials selection and design which will give a better understanding on the selection methods and then find suitable materials for the applications. This book draws the simple and straightforward quantitative methods followed by kwledge-based expert system approach with real and tangible case studies to show how undergraduate or post-graduate students or engineers can apply their kwledge on materials selection and design. Topics discussed in this book contain special features such as illustration, tables and tutorial questions for easy understanding. A few published books or documents are available, hence this book will be very useful for those who use (or want to use) materials selection approach without the advantages of having had comprehensive kwledge or expertise in this materials' world.
- Author BiographyDr. M. A. Maleque is an Assoc. Professor of Manufacturing and Materials Engineering at International Islamic University of Malaysia. He is also the Coordinator of Advanced Materials and Surface Engineering Research Unit (AMSERU). Dr Maleque is the Executive committee and life member of Malaysian Tribology Society (MYTRIBOS). He is also the member of several professional bodies and organizations. His recent work deals with materials for automotive and energy, advanced composite materials and materials selection for engineering applications. Dr Maleque served on the international advisory committee of ICAMME conference, AMPT, technical committee chairman of ICOMAST and RTC. He is on the Editorial Board of Industrial Lubrication and Tribology. He has published more than 240 technical papers in different journals and conference proceedings. He has edited 7 academic books in engineering. He was the recipient of Vice Chancellor award, UM; Dean's award, UM; IIUM Quality Research award and IRIIE awards. Professor Mohd Sapuan Salit is currently a professor of composite materials in Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM). He is also the head of Composite Technology Research Program at UPM. Professor Mohd Sapuan is the Vice President and Honorary Member of Asian Polymer Association. He is also a fellow of Plastics and Rubber Institute, Malaysia (PRIM), Institute of Materials Malaysia (IMM), and Malaysian Scientific Association (FMSA). He has successfully supervised 33 PhD and 45 MS students. To date he has authored or co-authored more than 400 journal papers and 400 seminar and conference papers. He has authored 10 books and edited 3 books in engineering. Professor Mohd Sapuan was the recipient of ISESCO Science Award, Rotary Research Award, PRIM Fellowship Award, Forest Research Institute, Malaysia Publication Award, Vice Chancellor Fellowship Prize, UPM, Alumni Award, University of Newcastle, Australia, Khwarizmi International Award and Excellence Research Award, UPM.
- Author(s)Md. Abdul Maleque,Mohd Sapuan Salit
- PublisherSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Date of Publication11/12/2013
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Materials
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Content Note24 black & white illustrations, 24 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight213 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.