All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.67
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.43
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis title is designed to provide a clear and comprehensive overview of tribology. The book introduces the tion of a surface in tribology where a solid surface is described from topographical, structural, mechanical, and energetic perspectives. It also describes the principal techniques used to characterize and analyze surfaces. The title then discusses what may be called the fundamentals of tribology by introducing and describing the concepts of adhesion, friction, wear, and lubrication. The book focuses on the materials used in tribology, introducing the major classes of materials used, either in their bulk states or as coatings, including both protective layers and other coatings used for decorative purposes. Of especial importance to the tribology community are sections that provide the latest information on Natribology, Wear, Lubrication, and Wear-Corrosion: Tribocorrosion and Erosion-Corrosion.
- Author BiographyJamal Takadoum is Professor of Materials Science at the national Engineering Graduate School of Mechanics and Microtechnologies (ENSMM), Besancon, France.
- Author(s)Jamal Takadoum
- PublisherISTE Ltd and John Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleISTE
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintISTE Ltd and John Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight510 g
- Width158 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.