All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
About this product
- DescriptionMaterials for Engineering provides a straightforward introduction for pre-degree level students and technician engineers. A clear, accessible text is supported by learning summaries, examples and practice questions. This book is designed to help students develop a clear understanding of: * Properties and testing of materials * The relationship of the properties and structure of materials * How properties change with modifications in composition, structure and processing * The selection of materials for a wide range of engineering applications The second edition includes a new chapter on the identification and classification of materials. New and expanded sections include durability, electrical testing, thermal expansion, links between properties and processes, and examples of the selection of materials. A greater range of property data is also included. The coverage of Materials for Engineering has been matched to the requirements of the new specifications for the Advanced GNVQ compulsory unit, and remains the standard text for BTEC National.
- Author BiographyW. Bolton has worked in industry, as well as academia as a senior lecturer in a College of Technology, a member of the Nuffield Advanced Physics team, adviser on British Government Aid project to Brazil on technical education, UNESCO consultant in Argentina and Thailand, Head of Research and Development at the Business and Technician Education Council, now retired. He has written many engineering textbooks including: Mechatronics 4th ed., Engineering Science 5th ed., Higher Engineering Science 2nd ed., Mechanical Science 3rd ed., Instrumentation and Control Systems.
- Author(s)Bill Bolton,W. Bolton
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/03/2000
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNewnes (an imprint of Butterworth-Heinemann Ltd )
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight498 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.