All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
About this product
- DescriptionWhile the interdisciplinary field of materials science and engineering is relatively new, remarkable developments in materials have emerged for biological and medical applications, from biocompatible polymers in medical devices to the use of carbon natubes as drug delivery vehicles. Exploring these materials and applications, Materials in Biology and Medicine presents the background and real-world examples of advanced materials in biomedical engineering, biology, and medicine. With peer-reviewed chapters written by a select group of academic and industry experts, the book focuses on biomaterials and bioinspired materials, functional and responsive materials, controlling biology with materials, and the development of devices and enabling techlogies. It fully describes the relevant scientific background and thoroughly discusses the logical sequences of new development and applications. Presenting a consistent scientific treatment of all topics, this comprehensive yet accessible book covers the most advanced materials used in biology and medicine. It will help readers tackle challenges of vel materials, carry out new process and product development projects, and create new methodologies for applications that enhance the quality of life.
- Author BiographySunggyu Lee is a Russ Ohio Research Scholar and professor of chemical and biomolecular engineering at Ohio University, where he is also the director of the Sustainable Energy and Advanced Materials (SEAM) Laboratory. Dr. Lee holds 31 U.S. patents and has authored over 450 journal articles and conference papers. His research areas include alternative fuels, supercritical fluid technology, advanced material processing, chemical process engineering and reactor design, and polymer synthesis and processing. David Henthorn is an associate professor of biomedical engineering at Saint Louis University, where he directs the Laboratory for Therapeutic Materials. Dr. Henthorn's research focuses on the use of polymers and polymer composites as biomaterials, the development of biosensors, and the fabrication of bioMEMS and drug delivery devices.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication02/04/2012
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleGreen Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note73 black & white illustrations, 11 black & white tables
- Weight635 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byDavid Henthorn,Sunggyu Lee
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.