All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionAfflicting more than 300 million women across the globe, obesity has profound effects on health during pregnancy and on the wellbeing of the unborn child. In the face of such a challenging pandemic, this book reviews the latest research and provides up-to-date advice on clinical management. Maternal Obesity addresses the adverse effects of obesity among women of childbearing age, including infertility, medical complications, problems in labor, and adverse birth outcomes, and it reviews evidence that the obese mother's in utero environment has long-lasting influences on the health of the developing child. Chapters cover basic, clinical, and population perspectives, providing a range of valuable information from mechanistic insight through to public health and policy implications. Invaluable for obstetricians, gynaecologists, paediatricians, general and family physicians, subspecialists in obstetric and paediatric medicine, midwives, and dietitians, as well as researchers and public health policy makers seeking to tackle the burden of maternal obesity-related illness.
- Author BiographyLucilla Poston is Professor of Maternal and Fetal Health, Division of Women's Health, King's College London, London, UK. Matthew W. Gillman is Director of the Obesity Prevention Program and Professor in the Department of Population Medicine, Harvard Medical School and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute and is Professor in the Department of Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note27 b/w illus. 24 colour illus.
- Weight740 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byLucilla Poston,Matthew W. Gillman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.