Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionIn the early twentieth century, a massive undertaking to rid mathematics of all paradoxes and inconsistencies was underway. Kwn as Hilbert's program, it sought to provide an unshakable foundation for all of mathematics. Things seemed to be proceeding well until young Kurt Godel stunned the world by proving that Hilbert's goals were ubtainable, that contradiction was part of the warp and weave of any mathematical system. Yet what at the time seemed to be a fatal blow to mathematical consistency w forms the basis of modern logic. Godel's incompleteness theorems are often misunderstood to be a statement of the limits of mathematical reasoning, but in truth they strengthen mathematics, building it up to be more powerful than what had come before. In this third book in the Math Girls series, join Miruka and friends as they tackle the basics of modern logic, learning such topics as the Pea axioms, set theory, and diagonalization, leading up to an in-depth exploration of Godel's famous theorems. Along the way, visit other interesting and important topics such as trigometry and the epsilon-delta definition of limits, and of course take on challenges from the enigmatic Mr. Muraki. Math Girls 3: Godel's Incompleteness Theorems has something for anyone interested in mathematics, from advanced high school students to college math majors and educators.
- Author(s)Hiroshi Yuki
- PublisherBento Books, Inc.
- Date of Publication15/05/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBento Books, Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Translated byTony Gonzalez
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.