Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
About this product
- DescriptionMath Literacy and the Common Core is intended to help educators understand the link between literacy skills and learning math concepts. It addresses the misconception that math learning process is a journey resting on the shoulders of students and that it is up to students to determine whether or t math will be mastered. This couldn't be farther from the truth. An abundance of research supports the assertion that teachers should be shouldering most of the math learning responsibility. Thus, we must recognize...it is teachers who are responsible for student learning as well as for student success in mastering the standards. This book is intended to be a roadmap for teachers to that end. It is a starting point for teachers to collaborate within their own geographic areas and determine authentic standards-based, hands-on lessons that will engage each set of students and move them toward math mastery. This collaboration, coupled with in-depth lesson study, is a key component for student learning. Teachers collaborating and disaggregating lessons are keys to unlocking the doors to student mastery. Unfortunately, t eugh emphasis is usually put on these keys. If our math programs are ever to be truly world class - this has to change. The bottom line: the majority of students are t going to understand math until we, as teachers, learn to teach math differently. Let Math Literacy and the Common Core be your starting point to those ends.
- Author(s)Steven James
- Date of Publication01/05/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight667 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.