All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExpanded coverage of essential math, including integral equations, calculus of variations, tensor analysis, and special integrals Math Refresher for Scientists and Engineers, Third Edition is specifically designed as a self-study guide to help busy professionals and students in science and engineering quickly refresh and improve the math skills needed to perform their jobs and advance their careers. The book focuses on practical applications and exercises that readers are likely to face in their professional environments. All the basic math skills needed to manage contemporary techlogy problems are addressed and presented in a clear, lucid style that readers familiar with previous editions have come to appreciate and value. The book begins with basic concepts in college algebra and trigometry, and then moves on to explore more advanced concepts in calculus, linear algebra (including matrices), differential equations, probability, and statistics. This Third Edition has been greatly expanded to reflect the needs of today's professionals. New material includes: A chapter on integral equations A chapter on calculus of variations A chapter on tensor analysis A section on time series A section on partial fractions Many new exercises and solutions Collectively, the chapters teach most of the basic math skills needed by scientists and engineers. The wide range of topics covered in one title is unique. All chapters provide a review of important principles and methods. Examples, exercises, and applications are used liberally throughout to engage the readers and assist them in applying their new math skills to actual problems. Solutions to exercises are provided in an appendix. Whether to brush up on professional skills or prepare for exams, readers will find this self-study guide enables them to quickly master the math they need. It can additionally be used as a textbook for advanced-level undergraduates in physics and engineering.
- Author BiographyJOHN R. FANCHI, PhD, is Professor of Reservoir and Energy Engineering at Colorado School of Mines. He has worked in both industry and academia. His accomplishments include books on energy, engineering, and physics as well as the development and implementation of several computer models for industry and government.
- Author(s)John R. Fanchi
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication07/07/2006
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight510 g
- Width162 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.