All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionMATH AND SCIENCE FOR YOUNG CHILDREN, Seventh Edition, is a unique reference that focuses on the integration of math and science in early childhood education programs, while addressing other important areas of child development during the crucial birth-through-eight age range. It also carefully addresses the ever-changing and significant national standards of the following organizations: The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), National Council of Teachers of Math (NCTM), National Science Teachers Association (NSTA), American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), and the National Research Council (NRC). A valuable resource for working professionals and involved parents, MATH AND SCIENCE FOR YOUNG CHILDREN, Seventh Edition, is the most current volume of information of its kind available on the market today.
- Author BiographyDr. Karen K. Lind is the director of the Center for Mathematics, Science, and Technology at Illinois State University, where she holds a joint appointment as professor of curriculum and instruction, and professor of biological sciences. Dr. Lind is a professor emerita in the Department of Teaching and Learning at the University of Louisville in Kentucky, where she is the recipient of the Distinguished Teaching Professor award. Dr. Lind was elected as National Science Teachers Association (NSTA) Teacher Education Director and served as chair of the NSTA Science Teacher Education Committee. Dr. Lind's career in education has included teaching young children of differing socio-economic backgrounds in a variety of settings. Rosalind Charlesworth, Ph.D., is professor emerita and retired department chair in the Department of Child and Family Studies at Weber State University in Ogden, Utah. During her tenure at Weber State University, she worked with the faculty of the Department of Teacher Education to develop continuity from preprimary to primary school in the program for students in the early childhood education licensure program. She also contributed as a guest presenter in the Elementary Mathematics Methods class. Dr. Charlesworth is known for her contributions to research on early childhood teachers' beliefs and practices. She taught courses in early education and child development at other universities before joining the faculty at Weber State University. In 1999, she was the co-recipient of the NAECTE/Allyn & Bacon Outstanding Early Childhood Teacher Educator award. In 2014 she received the Legacy Award from the WSU Child and Family Studies Department in recognition of her contributions to early childhood education. Dr. Charlesworth has provided service to the field through active involvement in professional organizations and is currently on the editorial board of the Early Childhood Education Journal.
- Author(s)Karen Lind,Rosalind Charlesworth
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Out-of-print date10/06/2016
- Weight1120 g
- Width205 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.