CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionThis book grew out of the discussions and presentations that began during the Workshop on Emerging and Reemerging Diseases (May 17-21, 1999) sponsored by the Institute for Mathematics and its Application (IMA) at the University of Minnesota with the support of NIH and NSF. The workshop started with a two-day tutorial session directed at ecologists, epidemiologists, immulogists, mathematicians, and scientists interested in the study of disease dynamics. The core of this first volume, Volume 125, covers tutorial and research contributions on the use of dynamical systems (deterministic discrete, delay, PDEs, and ODEs models) and stochastic models in disease dynamics. The volume includes the study of cancer, HIV, pertussis, and tuberculosis. Beginning graduate students in applied mathematics, scientists in the natural, social, or health sciences or mathematicians who want to enter the fields of mathematical and theoretical epidemiology will find this book useful.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/12/2010
- Series TitleThe IMA Volumes in Mathematics and its Applications
- Series Part/Volume Number125
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight593 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAbdul-Aziz Yakubu,Carlos Castillo-Chavez,Dawn BIes,Denise Kirschner,Pauline Driessche,Pauline Van De Driessche,Sally Blower
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of hardcover 1st ed. 2002
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.