All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a collection of mathematical conundrums with a twist. It is a brain-busting workout for lateral thinkers. Add a little bit of maths to your lateral thinking! Paul Sloane and Des MacHale, the crown princes of lateral thinking, have provided a cool twist to test solvers' skills. They present you with mathematical conundrums, but instead of requiring brute calculating power, each puzzle relies upon a clever insight or unexpected shortcut. You'll get a brain-busting workout you'll never forget!
- Author BiographyPaul Sloane studied engineering at Cambridge University and works in software marketing. His passion for lateral puzzles started when he met a dwarf standing on a block of ice in an elevator. His first book, Lateral Thinking Puzzlers, was published by Sterling in 1991, and has gone on to become a bestseller. Des MacHale is Associate Professor of Mathematics at University College in Cork. He has written more than 40 books, including one on John Ford's classic film The Quiet Man and another on George Boole of Boolean algebra fame. MacHale and his wife, Anne, have five children. Following a chance meeting between Paul Sloane and Des MacHale in 1991, the two have written many popular books of lateral thinking puzzles, all published by Sterling.
- Author(s)Des MacHale,Paul Sloane
- PublisherSterling Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication07/03/2015
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteb/w throughout
- Weight113 g
- Width136 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.17Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.