All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.33Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $27.17Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionThis text examines the axiomatic approach, a powerful, unified approach to mathematical and computational modeling in science and engineering. Readers will discover that this axiomatic approach enables them to both systematically construct effective models, and also apply these models to any macroscopic physical system. It is ideal for both students and professionals across the many disciplines of science and engineering that depend on mathematical and computational modeling to predict and understand complex systems.
- Author BiographyISMAEL HERRERA, PhD. in Applied Mathematics, Brown University, is Distinguished Professor in the Natural Resources Department of the Geophysics Institute at the Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico. He is the Editor of Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations and President of the Mexican Society of Numerical Methods in Engineering and Applied Sciences. Dr. Herrera has received the National Science, Mexican Academy of Sciences, and Luis Elizondo Awards, the three most prestigious awards in Mexico granted for scientific achievement. GEORGE F. PINDER, PhD, has a primary appointment as Professor of Engineering with secondary appointments as Professor of Mathematics and Statistics and Professor of Computer Science at the University of Vermont. He is the author, or co-author, of nine books on mathematical modeling, numerical mathematics, and flow and transport through porous media. He is a recipient of numerous national and international honors and is a member of the National Academy of Engineering.
- Author(s)George F. Pinder,Ismael Herrera
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication27/03/2012
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight566 g
- Width155 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.