Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.08Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published in 1973, this book gives an account of some of the more important models which have been proposed for studying the growth of human populations, with a particular emphasis on stochastic models. Despite the practical importance of the subject, at the time of original publication there had been little connection between these models and their possible applications. The book drew together, for the first time, the theoretical analysis of the mathematician and the practical problems of the actuary. Exercises are set at the end of each chapter and brief solutions appear at the back of the text. This book will be of value to anyone with an interest mathematical models and statistics.
- Author(s)J.H. Pollard
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/02/1979
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Notefigs.tabs.
- Weight300 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.